Is the Eden Project sustainable?
Think about the following.
- The aim of the project is to lead to a sustainable future for all by helping people learn about and promote the vital relationship between plants, people and resources.
- The project has been made possible by a social and economic partnership of people and institutions committed to this aim.
- All the work involved in preparing the site and building the biomes was inspired by the principles of sustainable development, including use of energy, choice of materials, methods of construction and the day-to-day running of the project.
- Rainwater is filtered then reused in the biomes.
- What impact did building the Eden project have on local transport have local transport services been diverted to serve this new attraction?
- Has the level of tourism had a positive or negative impact on the area?
- Could the 86 million it cost to build have been better spent?
Picture Credits: The Eden Project