Turning tractors into hoes
Is the recycled hoe sustainable?
Think about the following:
- The hoes are made from entirely recycled materials.
- They are made locally, by local people using materials sourced in the area.
- Craft skills (such as welding, cutting and grinding) can be passed on freely and then used to make other products.
- There is a regular demand for hoes both locally and in neighbouring Tanzania.
- There is a regular supply of tractor discs at the moment - but will this always be the case?
- There is a steady supply of hoe heads at the moment - but will this last?
- Manufacture depends on a steady supply of electricity.