Organic baby food
Is organic baby food sustainable?
Think about the following:
- Babies who eat organic food are not exposed to the pesticides in conventional foods, safeguarding their health and the well-being of future generations.
- The vegetables and fruits in organic baby food are grown without pesticides. Pesticides are poisons that have been associated with cancer, birth defects, nerve damage and genetic changes. They also pollute drinking water in many parts of the world.
- Organic farmers build up their soil through natural practices, such as using composted manure and planting diverse crops. This creates a healthy environment for growing crops now and in the future.
- Animals reared organically have good living conditions and a healthy diet.
- Organic producers get a better price for organic food, which gives them a more sustainable income.