Yeo Valley organic desserts
Are Yeo Valley Organic products sustainable?
Think about the following:
- Consumers benefit from the natural production of organic products by avoiding chemicals, Genetically Modified Organisms and artificial fertilisers.
- The environment is improved because farmers re-establish natural wildlife habitats.
- The company has long-term, sustainable supply partnerships with its organic fruit growers and processors.
- Most of the raw materials are sourced locally wherever possible.
- Agreements and guaranteed prices for local farmers are encouraging more farms to go organic.
- Waste products are dealt with in a thoughtful, environmentally-friendly way.
- Packaging materials have been carefully chosen. The card outer is biodegradable, unbleached and made of 98% recycled paper. The shrink-wrap used around stacked trays of yogurt cartons is pre-stretched, halving the amount of material needed.
- The lorries used to transport products are double-deckers, so can carry twice as much at once. This reduces fuel requirements. The company shares lorries with its sister company and local cheese suppliers.