Multi-purpose bike trailers
Is it sustainable technology?
Is the bicycle trailer an example of sustainable technology
Think about the following:
- It can be made and repaired in small, local workshops.
- It is made of a material that is readily available in Sri Lanka (iron).
- It doesn't have any harmful effects on the environment.
- It can be used by men and women.
- It makes day-to-day tasks easier for families, saving them valuable time.
- It earns a living for:
- the manufacturers who make the trailers
- people who have used the trailers to set up small businesses, e.g. mobile shops.
- It is promoted and sold by community organisations.